Andrew Dahler - Engaged; Associate Pastor; OKC Tornado Relief Worker; Service Minded
1. Make time with God #1 priority – Isaiah 26:3, Joshua 1:8
Being a follower of Christ is based on a relationship. We cannot expect to grow and mature spiritually when we put our relationship with God second to ANYTHING.
2. Remember Jesus’ Sacrifice Daily – Rom 8:3-4
Why do we only get defensive when people say “Happy Holidays” during Christmas, but completely disregard the other 11 months of the year where Jesus life is ignored?
3. Give more of our lives in service – 1 Pet 4:8; Acts 20:35
For every 40hrs of work that we spend meeting our needs, spend 1hr meeting the needs of others.
4. Remember what we have is not ours – 1 Peter 5:2-3; Matthew 25:36-40
What if we truly loved our neighbors, the drug addicts, the homeless, that dirty guy in Arby’s, the way we loved ourselves?
5. Remember: “Happiness is a Choice” – Jn 14:27
What if we lived everyday choosing to be happy, and wear a smile, no matter the circumstances?
6. Plan ahead to spend more time “away” – Psalm 23:2-3
Your work will never be “complete.” Jesus got away from the crowd; even when it wasn’t convenient, and even when he was still needed.
7. Make our lives more beautiful – Psalm 19:1
We all love beauty. What if we decided to add beauty and enjoyment to our everyday lives?
8. Spend time with our families – 1 Tim 5:8
What difference would it make if we decided to make family time a priority?
9. Fill our minds with uplifting media – Phil 4:8
How different would our attitudes be if we chose to ONLY listen to uplifting, encouraging things?
10. Choose to grow daily – 1 Peter 2:2
Chose to grow one new way every day! Decide to not go to bed the same person you woke up as!